Sunday 11 January 2015

Girl Guide Doodles

Helloooo 
Owl & Toadstool viewers 
Happy New Year!  
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2015

The cold has hit Canada with a vengeance. It was a green Christmas for most Maritimers with temperatures as high as +15 Celsius on Christmas Day but then New Year's day was -15 Celsius or colder.  For the past couple of weeks it has been freezing COLD here...with windchill as low as -25 Celsius on some days.  There has been snow in this area where as other parts of the Province have seen more rain than snow.  Not as much snow as usual but good for outdoor skating and skiing.

Although the cold weather offers fun outdoor activities it also forces us to stay indoors and to entertain ourselves in other ways.  A person can only brave the elements for so long before retreating inside for warmth and hot chocolate! I like to tap into my creative side during this time. Here is what I have been up to...

DOODLING 
with Tangles and Dangles

I do not claim to possess any type of talent for drawing but doodling is so much fun to do. This could be something that the Girl Guides could do as part of badge work or to include in a Smash book or Lapbook or any other type of memory book. The amount of detail depends on the doodler.  I think it would be neat to make Thinking Day cards with personalized doodles!
GGC Trefoil  rubber stamp

I used a trefoil stamp that I had purchased at the former NS Guide store years ago to make a stencil.  This allowed me to trace the trefoil pattern since I am not very good at drawing the trefoil.   I could have just stamped directly onto the doodle with ink but I wanted to have the outline of the trefoil so that it could be coloured different colours.  This stamper creates a solid image.



If you do not have a stamper then you could make a stencil from any trefoil pattern.  Since I wanted to use the image multiple times I decided to make a stencil.  I stamped on {junk mail} paper then covered it with clear tape so that I could reuse it. Then I used an Xacto knife to cut away the image.  You could use either the positive or the negative pattern pieces for a template.


And now for the fun part...Colouring!


Santa Claus left a bunch of Sharpie Markers for me this past Christmas since he knew that I was a good girl LOL Santa knows that I like to be creative.

Since I used Sharpie permanent markers I had a limited colour palette and I wanted to use the colours of Guiding...pink for Sparks, brown for Brownies, blue for Guides, green for Pathfinders, red for Rangers, and blue for Adults.

The words "Girl Guides" are doodled with dangles
If you are interested in Doodling with Tangles and Dangles there are numerous ideas on Pinterest which link to many websites on the subject.  Do a search for Zen Tangles and you will be mystified!


Happy Doodling!

Lee Ann

For more of my doodles go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment